- Ripped out the weeny '84 HO
(it was wasted and had low oil pressure) and slapped in a
slightly used (90k mi) '86 5.0 HO from a Mustang GT
convertible. (Yes it has stock '86 heads on it. I was
outta dough for a decent set of heads).
- Fortified the above motor
- E303 cam (valve
clearance was tight, but it fit)
- Edelbrock Performer
- Holley 650 "double pumper" carb
- 4" K&N air
- Headman 1 1/2"
- Dual 2 1/2"
- Centerforce Gold
- SVO Adjustable Clutch Quadrant
- "Double Hump"
- Hurst Shifter with button-knob
for above line-lock
- 8.8 rearend out of the above
car (3.27 gears in it)
- Global West lower control arms
Global West sub-frame
- 1/2 Aluminum fuel line
- Holley "Blue" fuel
pump with regulator and engine compartment gauge
These mods have netted a best ET of
13.55 @ 101.6 MPH and that's WITH the '86 heads. If you've ever
seen an '86 head, you'll understand why this is a pretty decent time..
to see future plans...